Self-hosted customers can take advantage of AtlasBI by allowing firewall/access to AtlasBI IP addresses and providing a read-only SQL account that can query your database.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a server-based report generating software system that is used to produce and deliver a variety of interactive and printed reports. It is offered as an installation option with Microsoft SQL Server and can be installed on the server with your database or on a separate server. The two parts of the SQL Server Reporting Services are the Report Builder and the Report Manager. You use the Report Builder to create your reports and run them locally using the report server's connection to your database. You can also save or upload your reports to the Report Manager which resides on the report server, then run and manage them from there. The Report Manager offers several helpful features not in the Report Builder, such as report processing options and subscription services.
Sites hosting their reports at Atlas Systems will work with their Atlas Representative to set up reporting services.
- If your Aeon institution is hosted by Atlas Systems, your reporting services are automatically hosted on our report server. Your Report Builder will be installed locally on your system, and we will host your Report Manager and database connection.
- If you are a self-hosted institution, you can either install SSRS on your system and host the reporting services there or you can choose to house them with Atlas Systems.
Atlas Installation Responsibilities
Atlas provides the following features and services when hosting your reporting services:
- We create a data source connection within SSRS that allows your reporting services to connect to your database when reports are run.
- We provide your institution with a URL address to connect your Report Builder to the report server.
- We provide your institution with a URL address, username, and password so that you can connect to your Report Manager, on the report server, via the web.
- We provide your institution with a folder within the Report Manager to securely and confidentially house your reports and data source information on our report server.
- We provide your institution with 8 basic reports.
Institution Installation Responsibilities
The following actions are necessary for Atlas to properly install your hosted SSRS system:
- Institutions must open port 1433 to the Atlas SQL Server IP address so that the reporting services can connect to your database.
- Institutions need to create a read-only username and password for the Atlas report server on your SQL server to allow reporting services to connect to your database.
- You will need to download and run a copy of SQL Server Report Builder to create your reports locally. See System Requirements to see which versions Atlas Systems currently supports.