After items have been marked as found, they will move from In DD Stacks Searching to In Transit to Pickup Location. This status (added in ILLiad 8.5) allows you to delay notifying patrons that their items have arrived. Requests for Mail to Address patrons will continue to move straight to Awaiting Doc Del Customer Contact, and will skip the In Transit status. If you want items to skip this status and notify your patrons right after printing receives, see the routing rule below.
In addition, starting in ILLiad 8.5 notifications for items are no longer sent manually. This will be done automatically by the ILLiad System Manager. The System Manager will check for items at the status of Awaiting Doc Del Customer Contact every 5 minutes and send notifications automatically. This time period is not configurable.
Requests will only go to the In Transit to Pickup Location status for Hold for Pickup patrons. Requests for Mail to Address patrons will continue to move straight to Awaiting Doc Del Customer Contact, and patrons will be notified automatically without staff intervention.
After items have been marked as found, they will move to the status of In Transit to Pickup Location if they are for Hold for Pickup patrons. Items will remain in this status until they are moved to Awaiting Doc Del Customer Contact, where the patron can be notified that the item is available for pickup.
To move items to the Awaiting Doc Del Customer Contact status:
- From the ILLiad main screen, click the Document Delivery tab.
- Click the bottom half of the Contact Customers button, then click In Transit Items Received.
- The In Transit Items batch processing form will open. This batch processing form works the same way as other batch processing in ILLiad.
- Scan or type in the number of the request to add to the list.
- Once you have added all items you want to move to the Awaiting Customer Contact status, click Process Queue.
- You can also have items processed automatically when the number is entered if the Auto Process button is selected.
If you want to skip this step for all or some requests, see Skipping the Doc Del In Transit to Pickup Location Status.