The default web pages in ILLiad versions 8.3 and higher include CSS written specifically to allow the ILLiad web pages to display properly on mobile devices. This allows you to have one set of web pages that serve both your users on desktop machines as well as those on tablets and smartphones.
If you are a site that installed at 8.3 or later, you already have mobile CSS on your pages. You can test what your pages look like by using a mobile device or an emulator program. If you have pages from before the 8.3 release, you will need to modify them to allow for mobile versions to display.
Implementing ILLiad Mobile Web Pages
Knowledge of HTML and CSS editing is needed when implementing mobile web pages.
Atlas Systems can perform these edits for you for a fee. Please contact Atlas Systems support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-567-7401 x1 for details.
Atlas recommends starting with the most recent ILLiad default web pages and adding your existing web customizations. This will ensure the needed mobile CSS will be included.
- Download the most recent default web pages from the ILLiad Downloads page.
- Place this folder in the ILLiad test web folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad\testweb by default).
- Modify the new default pages with your existing web customizations.
- We recommend using a product like Beyond Compare to compare the pages.
- Test the web pages to ensure they display correctly on mobile devices.
- When you are satisfied with the new web pages, move the files from the test web folder to the main web folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad by default).