Before you will be able to send and receive Docline requests through ILLiad, you will need to specify your institution's Docline symbol as well as your Docline username and password. This is done in the ILLiad Customization Manager.
Setting the Docline Information
- Open the ILLiad Customization Manager.
- To set the Docline Username, go to System | Docline | DoclineUsername and enter your username.
- To set the Docline Password, go to System | Docline | DoclinePassword and enter your password.
- Go to System | General | SystemIDDOCSymbol and enter your Docline symbol.
- Click on the Save button after making any changes.
Internet Explorer Compatibility
The Docline addon in the ILLiad client uses Internet Explorer. To make sure information displays correctly in the client, use the following steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click on the cog icon.
- Choose Select Compatibility View Settings from the dropdown list.
- In the Compatibility View Settings form, enter docline.gov. Click Add.
- Click Close.
The ILLiad staff client imports request details from Docline using a series of scripts that are written in a programming language called Lua. These scripts are installed with the ILLiad staff client and are typically located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad\Docline folder.