You can configure the Rapid Manager to automatically search for holdings and location information for lending requests. To learn how to configure this, see Setting Up Automatic Location Lookup for Lending.
RAPID requires the request to have a Volume or Year to retrieve holdings information. If one of these is not supplied, Rapid will not be able to import call number and location data.
- If configured to do so, requests will be automatically routed from Awaiting Lending Request Processing to Awaiting RAPID Holdings Lookup.
- Once a request is in the Awaiting RAPID Holdings Lookup queue, the Rapid Manager will look for requests there every 2 minutes.
- The Pieces field will be populated with the number 1. This is to avoid having Rapid Manager process the request more than once. If the Pieces field is not blank, the Rapid Manager will not search for local holdings.
- The Rapid Manager will search for local holdings and a few things can happen:
- If the request is found locally with a single holding, the call number and location will be imported. A note will be added: RAPID local holdings found (<RapidBranch>)
- If a request is found locally with multiple holdings, the Call Number field is set to "Multiple Holdings (see notes)". The location field will not be altered. A note will also be added containing all possible holdings locations and call numbers.
- If a request is not held locally, the Call Number and Location field are not modified and a note will be added: Local holding not found on RAPID
- The request will be routed back to Awaiting Lending Request Processing.