The Resources tab of the Options screen in the Aeon Client contains useful information and options for troubleshooting including version information for various Aeon applications and components, a clear cache option for the embedded WebView2 browser, and helpful links to Atlas documentation and training resources.
Accessing the Resources Tab
To access the Resources tab from the Aeon Client:
- Click on the Main Menu Icon() on the Home page and select the Options button.
- The Aeon Options window opens.
- Click the Resources button located in the menu on the left side of the window.
Complete information on each section of the Resources tab is detailed below.
The Database Connection section contains information on the current database connection used by Aeon on the machine. The server address and database name will be listed here.
The Version Information section lists the version numbers for currently installed client and server components that can be useful when troubleshooting issues, including:
- Client applications installed and updated via the Aeon Client Installer:
- Aeon Client, Customization Manager, and Staff Manager
- Client components installed and updated via the local machine's Windows Update process:
- WebView2 embedded browser used by Client addons
- Server components installed and updated via the Aeon Server Installation/Update PowerShell scripts:
- DLL, Web Platform, and System Manager
Clearing the WebView2 Cache (Aeon 5.2)
The Clear Cache option for the embedded WebView2 browser is located beside the version number information for this component. Clicking this option will clear the WebView2 cache (including cookies, saved logins, and browser history) on the local machine for the current staff user logged into the Client. It is recommended to use this option only when troubleshooting/debugging addon behavior in the Aeon Client.
The Helpful Links section contains the following links to Atlas documentation and resources that will be helpful when troubleshooting: